Under the Willow Tree

When I was young, I lived in the small town of Huacalera, high in the Andes Mountains of Argentina, where the only large trees were weeping willows and Lombardy poplars. I have great memories of sitting high in a willow tree and swaying in the wind. I am too old now to sway in the wind at the top of a willow tree, but this is my cozy pillow at the base of the tree, with its branches enclosing me in my own little hideaway.

Name:
Location: Barnwell, South Carolina, United States

I have been a Bible-believing Christian as long as I can remember. My parents were missionaries to Argentina, where I grew up. My husband and I were missionaries in Central America, where two of our four children were born (one in Costa Rica, and one in Nicaragua). The other two were born in the U.S. during pastorates in Florida and Texas with the Christian and Missionary Alliance. I am a registered nurse, working full time in a hospital setting. I enjoy working with people, but I also treasure the times when I can be alone.

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

4th of July

We had all of our "kids" with us - they are all young adults. Janet lives up the lane from us with Jack and their children, and Ric lives with us, so it was "logical" that they would be with us. Jon and Ben live in Columbia, so it takes them a little more planning to make an appearance.

How wonderful it was to have the boys here for 4th of July! It seems like ages since we saw them.
They were with us at Easter, but were unable to come on
Shed's birthday (May 4),
Mother's Day (May 9),
Ben's birthday (May 10),
Father's Day (June 20), or
our Anniversary (June 27).
Each time there was an excuse or reason for their absence, but it was disappointing that they were not here. I assured them each time that I loved them and missed them, and that we would love to see them when they could get here.

It makes me think of those times that I have told the Lord I was going to do something, and then found one reason after another not to do it. I imagine that God lovingly looks at me, and though He is disappointed that I have not joined Him to spend time together, He assures me that He loves me and misses me, and He reminds me that He would love to see me when I can make time for Him.

The worst excuse must be that "I don't have time." How is it that I can make time to do all the inconsequential things I find to do, but not for those things that would draw me closer to the One I profess to love more than anyone or anything else? Of course I have time! I just don't choose the wise things over the mundane! I make time for the things I love.

I want to love Jesus more than anything else in the world!!

More love to Thee, O Christ, more love to Thee!
Hear Thou the prayer I make on bended knee.
This is my earnest plea: More love, O Christ, to Thee;
More love to Thee, more love to Thee!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dawn Penguin said...

I can see already that I am going to greatly enjoy your blog! Thank you for making it public.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Kempisosha said...

http://www.geocities.com/kempisosha/cwoindex.htm is the url where I have some other things already on line, if you're interested. Would've sent this to you privately, but I didn't see your address anywhere.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home